3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

04 1500 misfire #7 open circuit injector #5

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 02:15 PM
Izero
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Luke M
150psi and held (dropped maybe 2-3psi) for 20 minutes (while I ate lunch). It was within the same tolerance as the other cylinders (between 140-160 aprox). There was no pinging in the valve train and it does have the upgraded springs installed already. I am going to take it to the dealer for diagnostics, it could be something as simple as a cracked or corroded wire that I would not be able to track down. I cant figgure it out!

Thank you all for the info and insight!
Those are pretty good compression numbers... I'd be more inclined to think it's a wiring issue....

Good luck at the stealership!

Old 06-20-2014, 11:03 PM
Luke M
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know about the stealership thing, but sometimes you just need to! It seems to do it more with a hard rain, I just noticed this today. Not to mention I had abdominal hernia surgery 2 weeks ago today LOL and it makes it hard to do what I have done so far!

Old 06-21-2014, 01:30 PM
Luke M
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Intake gaskets! Havent taken it to the dealership yet but I did some other testing and moisture appears to be getting by on the #7 and possibly the #5 cylinder intake gaskets! I noticed that it does it in the rain (hard rain or real humid conditions) and I got it dried out yesterday evening and it drove perfect! They used the original gaskets in the long block replacement (supposed to be reusable gaskets).

Does this make sense to anyone else, or am I way out in left field?

Old 06-21-2014, 02:38 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Luke M
Intake gaskets! Havent taken it to the dealership yet but I did some other testing and moisture appears to be getting by on the #7 and possibly the #5 cylinder intake gaskets! I noticed that it does it in the rain (hard rain or real humid conditions) and I got it dried out yesterday evening and it drove perfect! They used the original gaskets in the long block replacement (supposed to be reusable gaskets).

Does this make sense to anyone else, or am I way out in left field?

Well, you can get some brake parts cleaner and spray on the area while it's running, listen for a change. Yes, you could have a big vacuum leak, BUT it doesn't account for the injector code.

Quick Reply: 04 1500 misfire #7 open circuit injector #5