3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

03 2500 will not start with key but will with remote

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2014, 03:52 PM
Dodge girls r Ram tough
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 2500 will not start with key but will with remote

I have an 03 2500 that will not start with the key, but it will start no problem with the remote start. When I put key in ignition and turn it forward my gauges all work fine, but as soon as I step on brake to put it in gear the truck shuts off and will not restart with key... I just replaced the O2 sensor , reset the check engine light, and now this is happened, I changed the ignition sensor same problem, plus all the connections looked ok no burns, so I put original back in. first time it happened I grabbed my other key tried to start truck, didn't work, wiggled the key and it started once, now I get nothing from the keys. Oh and my cruise stopped working about 6 months ago and there is no fuse for the cruise...I love this truck she is my baby, we moved a lot of snow this winter, and now she doesn't want to work at all.

Any help or ideas as what to check to try and correct this problem would be a life saver...
Thanks

Last edited by Dodge girls r Ram tough; 06-27-2014 at 03:54 PM.
Old 06-28-2014, 12:50 AM
thunderhawk09
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Right off top of my head the one thing that stands out as being very possibly the problem is the Ignition switch on steering Colum The remote start bypasses The Ignition switch Normally so that's why its working but Ignition Switch is not Disabling Remote start Cause Switch is not going to on/run position correctly I maybe Wrong Cause dodge has some wild wiring but if it was mine that's where I would start Hope this helps oh and could be starter relay The remote start may use one of its own I had starter relay go out on mine the day after I got it

Last edited by thunderhawk09; 06-28-2014 at 12:53 AM.

Quick Reply: 03 2500 will not start with key but will with remote