3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Powerless Windows & Doorlocks

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 02:05 AM
Detowman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Powerless Windows & Doorlocks

My 03 dodge 1500 5.7 hemi has no power to drivers side door controls. Neither driver door or D/S rear door contols work. Passenger side door locks work off the pass door lock switch but only unlocks 2 pass doors. The pass side windows do not operate using either driver or passenger side control. Its a SLT 4door. Checked fuses all good. checked connections at door jams inside boot, all good. changed control panel 2x no change. I was now going to start at the ignition switch and work my way to door but need some tutorials on what wires or relays or other items to be watchful for. Any help would be helpful. Scratching my head on this one. There is only 1 fuse panel under the hood according to the manual and everything inside that panel has power.

Signed: locked in

Old 10-09-2014, 05:28 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

A lot of people will find broken wires in the rubber boots from the door to the body

Old 10-11-2014, 05:53 PM
DDay77
Amateur

Detowman,

All 4 of my windows did not work. Here is what I found: I believe the wire harness has something to do with the problem. Today (10/11/14) I popped off the master switch, and seen the wiring harness from the small plug (forward) wrapped around the larger plug (rear) harness. I said to myself: "Self, why is this wrapped around this way?" I unplugged both, sprayed electronics cleaner in the plug outlets, and let them dry. I then added dielectric grease to the entire plug area and snapped all back together. Nothing. I unraveled the wiring, and held the small plug in while adding pressure towards the front, and adding pressure on the wires while pulling on the harness. All 4 windows operated! So, that is why the harness is wrapped around the other one. It is to add pressure (tension) on the wires. I am still working on the permanent fix, and will add more information as it becomes known. So, it may not be your master switch, or the contacts. I hope this helps. Let me know if you find anything else.

Last edited by DDay77; 10-11-2014 at 05:56 PM.
Old 10-13-2014, 12:37 AM
Detowman

Thanks, I have checked the the wiring in the boot to the switch all in good shape. I am still scratching my head. It's worth a shot. Do you know what color wire was supplying power to the door switch since I don't have any juice to the switch from any incoming wiring to the switch.

Old 10-13-2014, 07:10 AM
DDay77
Amateur
Default Window Problem

I will look after work today. If you are not getting current to the plugs, the harness itself may have a broken wire. It can usually be found in the tube between the door and chassis. This may br the problem because the constant open/close of the door. I will add more later this afternoon.

Quick Reply: Powerless Windows & Doorlocks