3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Flowmaster 50 series Big Block muffler

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 12:58 AM
andyt
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flowmaster 50 series Big Block muffler

Any of you guys (and girls) have any experience with the 50 series Big Block muffler? The Flowmaster kits for the Hemi all include the 50 series HD muffler. Flowmaster's website says that the BB muffler is 4 inches longer and a couple inches wider, which SHOULD mean it's a little quiter than the HD, but who knows. Any advice would be appreciated. Andy

Old 10-25-2005, 09:32 PM
foamalicious
Default RE: Flowmaster 50 series Big Block muffler

hopefully I'm on the right page with you. I have the flowmaster 50. I was told my muffler guy (he has done every car of mine) that with the hemi the only way to go is the flow 50... it rocks it made a considerable differance. Not loud where everyone has to hear a tuned exhaust. This makes it sound like the motor should.. When I get on it man the sound is awsome! In the cab you can hear it a little more but not like the 40 series. I had them not take the pipe out but cut it short and point it down to the ground. It is hidden and you can not see it. 50 series ROCKS!

Old 10-26-2005, 04:13 AM
HEMI_n_Cali
Professional
Default RE: Flowmaster 50 series Big Block muffler

I personally have to say yes the 50 series rocks! i love mine. Its very nice, it has a rumble a roar and a scream when you get on it. I love it. Makes it sound like a bad *** hemi should. Dont go with the quiet magnaflows. Get something you can hear and feel. The 40 series ive heard it just to loud and too much resonance on the interstate to talk to someone. But i recommend the flowmasters to anyone.

Quick Reply: Flowmaster 50 series Big Block muffler