3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Straight Pipes -Check Engine Light??

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 03:05 PM
ransom511
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Straight Pipes -Check Engine Light??

Hello all, I have posted this question before with no response, but since I just dropped my truck off at the shop, I thought I would ask again before finding out the hard way. Does anyone know if straight pipes on my 05 Hemi QC will cause a check engine light? I know some imports have "CEL Eliminators" that can be wired into the O2 sensor if this is the case. Do I need one? Thanks guys/gals.

Old 10-24-2005, 04:33 PM
loudhemi
Default RE: Straight Pipes -Check Engine Light??

i took my 2 mufflers off my hemi but then put in a little glass pack, didnt mess with catyltic converter at all, i was going to go with straight pipes but it would of been really loud, ive already gotten pulled over for just a glass pack in it! good luck with everything, hope i helped! i havent seen a check engine light yet, but i didnt mess with 02 sensors either.

Old 10-24-2005, 07:57 PM
Phatboy
Professional

As long as you straight pipe after the last O2 sensor you should be fine, I am guessing some bad air could still get to it, but if you run true duals and no Converter you are going to need the 02 deletes to keep from throwing a light.

Old 10-24-2005, 10:18 PM
Avanti
Captain

Yes, the issue is "straight pipes" from where? What did you eliminate along the way, O2 sensors, or...???

Old 10-24-2005, 10:35 PM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker

If you messed with the O2 sensors, that's your problem. If not, look elsewhere. Better yet, pull the code and cross reference it.

Old 10-25-2005, 06:56 PM
Avanti
Captain

Even if you have retained the O2 sensors, but had them out, they are quite delicate and easily damaged. As Osteodoc said, check your codes and see what's what.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: Straight Pipes -Check Engine Light??