3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

WOLO Air Horn??

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 01:39 AM
NorthenRedneck
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WOLO Air Horn??

I was thinking of getting the Dixie Air horn with the dukes theme.... Does anyone have any horns installed in their truck....and where did you fit it.... Just wondering where a 5 horn system will fit..
Thanks in advance

Old 10-25-2005, 06:54 PM
Avanti
Captain
Default RE: WOLO Air Horn??

I've installed many of the ones that come with a little compressor and find them easy to deal with and quite loud. Obviously, I like them. In fact, I have frequently changed, altered, or added trumpets to alter the tone to suit the vehicle. Most are very shrill as sold.

Anyway, I usually just wire the compressor to the stock horn relay, removing the stock horns and replacing them with the trumpets, if there is room. Sometimes I've had to fab a mounting bracket out of 1/8" aluminum.

Unfortunately, I don't have any installed pix here, I don't think... uh, nope.

I can post one this evening if you wish. The only one I have at the moment is a fairly complex placement with an added extra-long trumpet, all placed under a fender (no room at ALL anywhere else) amonst an intercooler pump and a brake vacuum pump. Putting one on the Ram would be a piece of cake by comparison.

Hope this helps.

Old 10-25-2005, 10:07 PM
kenihemi
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 2 trumpet wolo big horn mounted just behind the front bumper and grill.

I mounted the compressor, selenoid and tank on top of a board that is mounted to my frame rails and the trumpets underneath.

You can probably do that too.

Old 10-26-2005, 01:57 AM
NorthenRedneck

Thanks for the input.. This Dixie horn is 4 Horns....I kinda figured I could fit a 1 or 2 horn system, but a 4 got me thinking...

Also...can these horns work as a 2nd horn or you must sub it for the factory??

Thanks for the input...

Old 10-26-2005, 09:52 AM
kenihemi
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can do it anyway you want.

You can sub it for factory
You can put in a separate switch
Or you can put a switch in the cab (like I did) that toggles from factory to air and you still use the steering wheel switch.

Old 10-26-2005, 01:06 PM
PORKCHOP2005

Found a couple of sets of air horns on WWW.HORNBLASTERS.COM shows a couple of installs and sounds. You gotta watch the highlight videos on this site also, couldn't stop laughing.

Quick Reply: WOLO Air Horn??