3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Will Trying a Daytona Hemi Give Me a Good Idea of....

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 10:40 PM
xJO98
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will Trying a Daytona Hemi Give Me a Good Idea of....

how the Mopar/Borla cat back exhaust would sound on my '05 1500 Hemi? If I understand correctly, the Daytona comes a with a Borla cat back exhaust system that is similar to the one that can be had from Mopar accessories. If I were to fire up a Daytona and take it for a quick test drive, would I have a good idea how the aftermarket offering would sound on my Hemi? I have the Mopar CAI so how would this affect it?

Old 10-26-2005, 01:03 PM
catdaddy6968
Default RE: Will Trying a Daytona Hemi Give Me a Good Idea of....

I don't think that will help you much, my trucks sound was very tame when it was new and as time went on, the exhaust got louder. sounds very good though.

Old 10-26-2005, 01:34 PM
Jerdog706

With the factory airbox and the Borla exhaust on my truck, the thing did indeed sound pretty tame. After adding the Mopar CAI and putting some miles on the truck, the exhaust note has increased and the overall sound of the two makes it hard to keep your foot out of it. This has been discussed at length in here on other posts, but I think you will grow to love your Borla if you decide to go that way.....If you want the thing to sound like we all expect it to, spring for the Mopar CAI as well. The smile on your face will outlast the empty feeling in your wallet.

Old 10-26-2005, 03:50 PM
kniteraven

The Daytona does come with the Borla system, but the muffler is about 3" longer on the Daytona. The Daytona is as close of a gauge of how it will sound as you can get. In my opion the Daytona is marginally quieter as the Borla system you buy from elsewhere. As others have stated it does get a bit louder after a "break in" period.

Old 10-27-2005, 01:30 AM
xJO98
Rookie

This Borla system at the Dodge dealer has the same side dual outlet tips like the Daytona but I think it is different, the tips say Dodge and Borla, the one on the Daytona say nothing. I do have the Mopar CAI already, that definetely opened up a healthy throaty sound when the pedal is mashed. How loud would you say your Borla system is, specifically inside the cab, over the CAI? My wife can handle the sound I have now as it isn't constant. If the Borla exhaust makes it much louder, or even worse introduces a drone in the cabin at any RPM/speed, I'll never hear the end of it. She's pretty sour on aftermarket exhaust systems after the one I put on my Jeep Cherokee Sport. I had a custom cat back 2.5" exhaust with Flowmaster Delta 50 muffler and it was pretty bad. It didn't have that sweet V8 grumble, it had this annoyingly loud I6 groan that at highway crusing speeds, brought this nasty drone into the cabin. Plus my wife complained she could here me coming a mile away with it. I'll admit at first I thought it was cool but after awhile, I was sorry I ever did it. I don't want to plunk down the $600 for the Borla and regret I did it. Any sound clips of this system?

Quick Reply: Will Trying a Daytona Hemi Give Me a Good Idea of....