3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

need some help adjusting retrofitted projector lights

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2014, 06:33 PM
hemi1300
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some help adjusting retrofitted projector lights

have had trouble trying to get my retrofitted lights from retroshop adjusted perfectly, just can never seem to get them right. Here is a photo of the lights with the truck 25' away from the wall, about a 2-3" drop, does this pic look right?
need some help adjusting retrofitted projector lights-20141227_175103_resized.jpg

from researching how to adjust them, the top half of the cutoff (left/right) should be the same level? And the low point of the cutoff should be at the measurement u are adjusting them to? With them adjusted like they are in the pic, they seem to work well at night and don't blind oncoming traffic. The weird issue i always have is, when behind a vehicle with the lights on, the reflection of one light will be in the hotspot and the other light seems an inch or so off and isn't in the hotspot yet, sorry if that doesn't make sense. Better way of describing it, if i slowly crouch down in front of the truck about 20' or so away, one light will blind me about an inch or two before the other light is in my eyes, but if i adjust them so they both shine directly in my eyes while crouching down the passenger side is waaaay higher than the drivers side. Sorry for the silly post, but just can never get these damn things adjusted perfectly, they always seem mis-aligned, if anybody can recommend a good link that would help as well, thank you

Old 12-29-2014, 10:48 AM
Izero
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

follow this procedure for projectors:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthrea...do-54740.html?

I know it's a little different vehicle but the concept is the same.

You may not be able to get them 100% perfectly lined up b/c there is only so much fine adjustment that can be made to them, so I wouldn't go crazy over it.

Old 12-30-2014, 05:27 PM
RamRvca
Rookie

fix them?

Last edited by RamRvca; 12-31-2014 at 10:07 PM.
Old 12-31-2014, 06:42 AM
hemi1300

Thanks for the link, looks like I have them adjusted pretty close, still need to tweak them a little. Doubt they were installed wrong, had Jeremy at retroshop do them and he has done many of these lights for forum members on here

Old 01-02-2015, 09:56 AM
Izero
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I doubt they are done incorrectly... they will never be 100% dead on... just get them as close as you can and you'll be okay....

Next step is to put some projectors w/ HIDs for the fog lights... lol

Quick Reply: need some help adjusting retrofitted projector lights