3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

No power radio/obd2/keyfob/dome lights/headlights

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2015, 03:48 PM
Rhude
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No power radio/obd2/keyfob/dome lights/headlights

Hey guys having a hard time figuring this out on my own I'll try to be as detailed as I can. 2005 cummins

The problem
I have no power to my obd port (edge cts isn't turning on, nor will my smarty work in the port) my radio also has no power along with my key fob and power locks. I also do not have power to my headlights or dome lights until the key is in the on position.

How I found the problem
Started the truck to warm up came back radio and edge were off and not getting power

What I have done so far
Checked all the fuses and filled in all the spare spots (some of them had prongs so I tried completely any circuit despite the fact everything worked before no problem) there is one fuse (51) which is dash and radio the fuse is good but it's not getting power. I tried feeding power to it via the tower and a wire with an inline fuse and nothing. Also checked under the fuse box itself for corroded wires and it seemed fine. There arnt any melted or broken wires in my steering column nor behind the dash under the steering wheel.

I had the same problem in my 2001 cummins no power to obd and radio all I did was change the fuse that controlled it and it all worked, this one im not so lucky

I do have a few lamps out from the cold but it never effected it before. Rear left tail light do to prongs in the physical tail light not the bulb as well as reverse lights and driver side fog and passenger side headlight low beam only. Bulbs only just went out recently after the fact.

I've had friends whose radios crapped out on them and I havnt tested that yet but Im leaning more towards the fuse not gettingn power for some reason

All help and input is awesome cheers guys

Old 01-10-2015, 07:14 AM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like you've lost the ecm or fcm. but, might try checking the condition of the wire harness connections also, they can get corroded and cause problems like you describe

Old 01-10-2015, 03:10 PM
Rhude

Ecm is fine cause I have a smarty plugged in and you can tell the tunes are still set, how can I check the fcm

Old 01-10-2015, 04:18 PM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rhude
Ecm is fine cause I have a smarty plugged in and you can tell the tunes are still set, how can I check the fcm

The fcm resides under the fuse/relay box. You have to pull the whole mess out and pull it apart. Pc runways get corroded and can be soldered, from other peoples posts on this forum. Not too uncommon problem, but 500-600 approx. to replace, if you can find one. May be able to get a refurbished now.

Old 02-28-2015, 05:59 PM
tylerbrown05ram

I have the exact same problem in my 05 2500 if you ever figured it out I'd realy like too know what it was

Old 03-01-2015, 01:41 PM
Rhude

As soon as the weather got warmer it strted working again so I replaced the whole box and it worked fine found a cheap donar truck and pulled its box

Quick Reply: No power radio/obd2/keyfob/dome lights/headlights