3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

durango hemi cai on 04 ram

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 10:50 PM
redneck_ram
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default durango hemi cai on 04 ram

going to be purchasing a 2004 2500 hemi in a couple weeks, and will be installing dual batteries for plowing.

i know i need the tray from a cummins, and i also know that the stock intake has to go.

so, upon doing some research, ive come across the 04ish durango hemi k&n cai, and it appears that it would work.

however, the coolant overflow, and washer fluid bottles are kinda in the way on the ram.

has anyone ever fitted a durango hemi intake onto their ram hemi?

thanks!

Old 01-23-2015, 08:10 AM
p38251
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

K&N filters have caused some issues do to over oiling the filter. Your stock air box is more of a cai than most aftermarket. If you are wanting to eliminate the hemi hat, look on here for threads on DIY cai.

Old 01-23-2015, 08:52 PM
redneck_ram
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by p38251
K&N filters have caused some issues do to over oiling the filter. Your stock air box is more of a cai than most aftermarket. If you are wanting to eliminate the hemi hat, look on here for threads on DIY cai.
THE STOCK AIR BOX WILL NOT WORK WITH TWO BATTERIES ON A HEMI!

i asked a simple question, dont need a DIY cai. i want a k&n, and noticed a durango may fit.

ive been running k&n of some sort for at least a decade!

Quick Reply: durango hemi cai on 04 ram