3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Brake Booster install, now pedal doesn't hit light switch

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2015, 08:29 PM
R1S1NGT1D3
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake Booster install, now pedal doesn't hit light switch

I removed the brake booster and the master cylinder to do the valve spring swap. When I bolted everything back together this evening and hooked it up to the brake pedal it's about a 1/4" from hitting the switch so my brake lights are always on. I haven't bled the lines or topped off the fluid yet could this cause the booster to not extend far enough to depress the switch? I just hate to go through the trouble of bleeding the MC and lines if I messed up something on the reinstall and I'll have to take it all apart to get it on right.

Old 08-18-2015, 01:36 AM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Make sure you centered the master cylinder on the center of the booster on the other side. Sometimes they can get crooked. Also make sure you seated the booster on the firewall properly. Other than that, they may have given you the wrong booster. You may have even unwittingly smashed your switch plunger down. You should be able to pull it out and reset it.

Old 08-18-2015, 05:11 AM
R1S1NGT1D3
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I know its the right booster, same one I removed, just needed it out of the way for the valve swap. I'll recheck alignment after work today.

Quick Reply: Brake Booster install, now pedal doesn't hit light switch