3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Please help: couple questions / level kit & bumper cover

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2015, 10:25 PM
JOHNSN10
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Please help: couple questions / level kit & bumper cover

I own a 2005 ram 1500 4wd and im looking to get a level kit installed as well as new shocks. If i put a readylift level kit on do i need longer shocks or can i just order the 4600 series bilsteins that say are for stock height? I know some kits come with shock adapters to raise the mounting points up but the kit for my ram doesnt so not sure if i can use the 4600 series shocks.

#2 front bumper. I have the steel 3 piece front bumper and a couple years ago i bought a new steel center section which is now rusted so i was thinking of getting a sport bumper since those arent metal and i wont have to worry about rust. I see front bumper covers on ebay but are those replacements or do those simply just sit ontop of my existing steel bumper? If i order one how does it install? Or if order a sport bumper what else do i need in order to install it?

Old 10-06-2015, 11:47 AM
RamedHemi
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why not go with Bilstein 5100 leveling shock? That's what I used couldn't be happier. Has 4 adjustments 0"-2.5". Much better choice and less $. You can read up on here s well in other posts. I used the 3rd setting and was even with the rear height. This will get rid of that factory rake look.

http://www.bilsteinus.com/products/truck-off-road/5100-series-ride-height-adjustable/

Old 10-06-2015, 11:58 AM
SmokinJoe02
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm about to buy 2" rear drop shackles. About $50. Will level it close enough for me. I already replaced the shocks on mine last month.

SJ03

Quick Reply: Please help: couple questions / level kit & bumper cover