3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New Here

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2015, 02:37 AM
KasperR34
All Star
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's a great looking truck with some tasteful mods man!

A great acceleration increase and tranny saver is regearing. I've got 4.56s (stock) in the SRT and I regeared to 4.56 in my Hemi.

Look for ways to not necessarily increase, but to free up power. Like if you have a clutch fan, get rid of it and install an efan. There's many benefits to that.

Look for an underdrive pulley, and even for lighter weight aluminum pulleys for replacements. You can pull your heads and intake mani and have them ported and polished. I'm sure you can find a bigger throttle body or have someone increase its' inner diameter.

A snorkel does take in legitimate cold air and also slightly a ram air, but it does need to be pulled through the whole thing. An exhaust will benefit you with all these mods, if you can, cut all your cats out and let her breath, she's still going to be restricted by the stock manifolds.

I think I covered most simple stuff. I really want to see you do these things because I love these massive V10s and I never see anybody playing with them unfortunately.

Old 11-06-2015, 09:26 PM
Brad91
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. I've thought about doing Rockwell military axles with a 6in suspension and a 3 inch body lift with 45in tires.

Quick Reply: New Here