3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Wiper problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2016, 10:50 AM
Nsmitty21
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiper problems

I have been having an issue with my wipers the last few days. Basically some times they work, sometimes they dont move at all, and sometimes they will stop in the middle of my windshield. The odd part is when they stop they act like they are under extremem load and slow down until they stop. Then I can get them going again like normal if I get out and "help" them a bit. After searching I didnt find anything quite like this. Could it just be my motor going bad? The truck only has 60K miles on it.

Old 01-13-2016, 06:02 PM
p38251
Record Breaker

Very possible. Wiper motors work hard. Check voltages at the motor, make sure they don't drop. That could be a sign of the relay going.

Old 01-14-2016, 01:47 AM
Chet Ubetcha
3rd Gen Ram Moderator
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Interesting symptoms. My wipers kind of have a mind of their own, but always have for as long as I can remember (bought the truck new in 2005). If I turn on the delay, sometimes they work as they are supposed to, sometimes they won't work until I switch them to "low", sometimes they continue swiping for 5-10 cycles, and other times they will stop in the middle if I move the switch. I'm sure they worked correctly when new, but I can't remember a time when they were not unpredictable on delay.

Hope yours are an easy fix.

Old 01-14-2016, 11:25 AM
Nsmitty21
Professional

Wiper relay would make a bit of sense. But where are the relays on this? I didn't see anyting wiper related in the box under the hood.

Old 05-04-2016, 11:41 AM
SkeeterMark

Can anyone help out on the location of the wiper relay(s). My wipers were going extremely s l o w, then intermittent, and now they don't move at all. They will just twitch slightly when the switch is turned on.
I have replaced the wiper motor and the turn signal/wiper switch and it behaves identically to before. I have read there are two wiper relays...somewhere.
The fuse box under the hood does not have relays in it, soooo.....

Anyone know where they are? or is there something else I should be looking at for a cure?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Vehicle is 2007 3500

Old 05-06-2016, 01:30 AM
Friar Tuck
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb Wiper Relay Location

Both relays are in the PDC/IPM (Fuse box next to the battery).
One for ON/OFF the other for HIGH/LOW.

Quick Reply: Wiper problems