3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

no throttle ...on 2008 ram

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2016, 09:17 AM
BigTruck2008
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no throttle ...on 2008 ram

Morning
I been experiencing extra rpm when I start my truck .. Then it made a strange noise then it wouldn't go no matter how you pump the gas pedal ..the throttle indicated light was flashing and my oil gauge was going crazy.. Did my throttle body cause this... Now my coolant sensor been leaking could this have anything to do with this problem??

Old 01-16-2016, 10:54 AM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I don't know where you live, but the throttle plate can get iced up and cause that. The oil pressure sensors have been known to short one of the 5v REFERENCE CKTS and cause throttle body issues as well. Coolant sensor is also on the 5V ckt. It COULD be the root cause.

I've also seen a few Rams wick water through the wiring harness up into the C-2 connector at the PCM and corrode the terminals. I recently had one in that had a corroded CTS and a PCM.

Last edited by TNtech; 01-16-2016 at 10:58 AM.
Old 01-16-2016, 12:49 PM
BigTruck2008
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TNtech
I don't know where you live, but the throttle plate can get iced up and cause that. The oil pressure sensors have been known to short one of the 5v REFERENCE CKTS and cause throttle body issues as well. Coolant sensor is also on the 5V ckt. It COULD be the root cause.

I've also seen a few Rams wick water through the wiring harness up into the C-2 connector at the PCM and corrode the terminals. I recently had one in that had a corroded CTS and a PCM.
Thanks I live in Louisiana I going to replaced the coolant sensor and clean up my connectors and hope for the best...

Quick Reply: no throttle ...on 2008 ram