3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Overhead wiring issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2016, 10:19 PM
Will_V2Lab
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Overhead wiring issues

Hey guys. About a year and a half ago I wanted to install the overhead console and dome lights in my 04 ST single cab. Sourced a unit, bracket, and at last the wiring. Turns out the wiring (out of an 3 Ram single cab SLT if I remember right) is not the same wiring that the Dodge parts sites say mine requires. Decided to just repin it since I got such a good deal on the wiring.

Fast forward, I started the repinning. I had already dropped the headliner, cut the hole, and ran the new wiring harnss. I just left it disconnected at the A-pillar. Today I wrote down the old harness pin connectors and wire colors as well as the new one. First I got my dome light to work. Sweet! Then I went to get my highmount brake light and cargo lights to work. I was able to do this, but realized that I would have to undo the dome light. I tinkered with it some more and got the dome light to work as well but only if my cargo lights were on. Hmm...

Sadly at my house we dont have internet right now (moving soon so who cares lol) so I did something i've never done before and came to a Starbucks to use the wifi. I tried downloading the 04 wiring diagrams but sadly the free wifi cant handle such a download.

Did some searching online but couldnt find solid information on this conversion. Does anyone else have any info or have done it themselves? I mean, I could wait 2 or 3 weeks until I have internet at my new place in Vegas but it would be nice to have it now.

Thanks in advance!

TL;DR, need wiring diagrams to set up overhead console, dome lights, and high mount brake light. Wifi too weak to download 04 wiring diagram.

Old 02-19-2016, 11:12 AM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

This was for PCI bus based Grand Cherokees and Liberty's, however it should similar enough to help you:

http://www.wjjeeps.com/evic.htm

Quick Reply: Overhead wiring issues