3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Spyder headlight & fog light wiring questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2016, 07:42 PM
Hjlancas86
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spyder headlight & fog light wiring questions

I have a set of Spyder angel eyes (fog lights & headlights) I'm trying too install. The instructions are just TERRIBLE and don't show you how to do anything at all. As far as the fog lights go I have the fog lights installed and all the wires connected like it shows on the ****ty diaphragm, but there are a couple wires i can't figure out where to connect. Any help is appreciated. Feel free to pm me with any help or post on here. I hate when companies don't give good detail instructions. Also anyone with an 02-05 with these headlights/fog lights combo did your headlights come with a ballast?

Old 04-13-2016, 04:23 AM
Prismatic
All Star
Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

haha, you're a mess with these lights dude. The two wires you have left over are most likely the power for the halo. You can run a separate line down to each light to power them off whatever you'd like (switch, running lights, disco ball) or just tap them into the positive and negative for each fog light so they turn on at the same time.

Old 04-13-2016, 08:34 PM
rtmtrrdr
All Star
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

LoL,I just installed these on my '05. First off HECK YES the instructions are terrible. Second,No they didn't come with a ballast.Unless you are running HID's you don't need one.The headlights themselves are just plug and play.As far as the halos this is how i hooked them up.I found the "hot" wire that comes from the parking lights and spliced all the hot leads for the halos and LED's to it. the from those i ran an hot lead down from those to the halos on the fog lights.did the grounds like that as well.you have to do both sides.My halos and LED's come on with the parking lights separately from the headlights and fog lights.I hope this helps

Old 04-16-2016, 06:15 PM
Hjlancas86
Professional

Originally Posted by Prismatic
haha, you're a mess with these lights dude. The two wires you have left over are most likely the power for the halo. You can run a separate line down to each light to power them off whatever you'd like (switch, running lights, disco ball) or just tap them into the positive and negative for each fog light so they turn on at the same time.
The halos turn on with those 2 wires not hooked up, the fog lights themselves turn on as well. I know they go to something but don't know what cause of these chinese **** directions they give you. Might as well hand a toddler an impact wrench and tell him/her to have at it lol

Old 04-17-2019, 11:53 AM
chill99
Amateur

I just posted a question about this is in a separate post, but found this thread which is close to what I'm after. I've got the Spyder lights with halos and would like to connect the halos such that they are on all the time (ie when I start the truck, I don't have to manually turn them on). What can I tap these wires into that will power them up when I start the truck, without having to turn on DRLs or the headlights?

Thanks in advance,
Chris

Quick Reply: Spyder headlight & fog light wiring questions