3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

05 4.7 to hemi swap

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2016, 12:08 AM
Ram rob
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 4.7 to hemi swap

I am thinking about doing a hemi swap, I know I need the engine, engine wiring harness, ecm and possibly motor mounts. Is that all? A friend told me I will have to change entire wiring harness.

Old 05-07-2016, 09:31 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

If you search "hemi swap", there are a bunch of threads on the subject.

Old 05-09-2016, 09:15 AM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

LOTS of threads...

Old 05-11-2016, 12:28 AM
JoshSlash87
Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know this gets brought up often regarding 4.7-Hemi Swap, I don't know why people get so mad about replying to these, but who wants to read a 5 year old thread on swapping a Hemi in? Sometimes its nice to have a newer thread with the latest information on the swap, or new methods or newer products that make the swap easier.

I know in my own experience that methods have been vastly upgraded since I put a turbo on my Neon 8 years ago. I don't mind redundant threads as long as there isn't a topic in the first 2 pages.

Old 05-11-2016, 07:20 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin

Thing of it is, there are no recent swaps with build threads that I'm aware of. Just people asking how to do it. And those that have done it are long gone or don't post much anymore. Certainly not lurking around to jump up and say "hey, I just did this and here's what I did". Everyone is on facebook, so the only thing I can do is ask them to use the search function to find threads with enough detail to get them started. I don't mind redundant threads if it is valuable to the newer members, but you don't see a lot of people responding to this thread with any sort of information on doing said swap. I've never done one, so I'm no help, but I can ask them to search for threads that do exist.

Last edited by jkeaton; 05-11-2016 at 07:23 AM.
Old 05-11-2016, 08:30 AM
JoshSlash87
Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeaton
Thing of it is, there are no recent swaps with build threads that I'm aware of. Just people asking how to do it. And those that have done it are long gone or don't post much anymore. Certainly not lurking around to jump up and say "hey, I just did this and here's what I did". Everyone is on facebook, so the only thing I can do is ask them to use the search function to find threads with enough detail to get them started. I don't mind redundant threads if it is valuable to the newer members, but you don't see a lot of people responding to this thread with any sort of information on doing said swap. I've never done one, so I'm no help, but I can ask them to search for threads that do exist.
Facebook in no way shape or form takes the place of this forum. A lot of people may be on it, but I'm on some of the main mopar related pages on facebook and most everyone there is a entry level car & truck enthusiast at best. Lots of misinformation and general catch can talk.

The people on this forum are quality people with quality knowledge.

Old 05-11-2016, 10:24 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin

Originally Posted by JoshSlash87
Facebook in no way shape or form takes the place of this forum. A lot of people may be on it, but I'm on some of the main mopar related pages on facebook and most everyone there is a entry level car & truck enthusiast at best. Lots of misinformation and general catch can talk.

The people on this forum are quality people with quality knowledge.

Couldn't agree more and not implying it is, but that's where most people go now cause they want that quick answer without having to do any research. I'm constantly point people on the 3rd gen Dakota FB page to this forum when they ask questions like "whats the biggest tire I can run" or" how big a lift can I run". cause all the answers are here, but like I said, the majority of them say "what forum?" even though it's the "Official Dodge Forum 3rd gen Dakota FB page". Kids these days don't use forums. They use facebook, instagram, snapchat, twitter. The ones that contributed to the vast knowledge base that is Dodge Forum are not here anymore. When was the last time anyone did a build thread, or a How-To. It's unfortunate, it's sad, but it is the reality. All we have left is old threads done a long time ago.

Old 05-13-2016, 05:53 AM
Prismatic
All Star
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

I was going to do the swap.

Ended up selling the 4.7 truck to a south of the border fellow and buying a Hemi. Easy peasy.

Quick Reply: 05 4.7 to hemi swap