3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Painted door handles?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2017, 11:45 AM
GA Hemi
Rookie
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, I changed out the door handles again... did not like the fit of the aftermarket handles. I ended up eBaying a set of original Dodge handles, sanding down the texture and had the auto body shop shoot them with white paint. They turned out really nice and I like the fit much better. Sanding down the original handles was a real PITA! I took a couple of weekends to get it done. Started with 220 grit wet sandpaper and finished with 400 grit wet sanding to get them right. I don't have any pictures of the new handles as quite frankly, they don't really look any different than the first white set I put on. Anyway, just wanted to update y'all on the handles in case anyone is itching to swap theirs out. BTW, I've still got the white handles that I took off if anyone is interested in them. I will soon put them on eBay.

Attached Thumbnails Painted door handles?-img_1189.jpg