3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

shock bushings

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2017, 03:05 AM
bakerman
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shock bushings

Hi Guys

The truck's an '03 1500 4.7 4X4 ST. I'm overseas with it in Eastern Europe, parts can be hard to find over here.

I'm looking for replacement bushings that go on the top of the front shocks; can't seem to find them. (Refer to the attached pic) I replaced the shocks not too long ago (Monroe) and this particular bushing wasn't in the package.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Attached Thumbnails shock bushings-shock-bushing.jpg  
Old 04-18-2017, 07:56 AM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Good question, normally (at least on this side of the pond) those bushings are part of a new replacement shock. Got any decent auto parts stores there?

Old 04-19-2017, 09:17 AM
bakerman
Professional

Not really...

Gotta get things ordered from the States most of the time and they end up costing about twice what you'd pay Advanced, NAPA, etc.

Smaller items I often buy online, have them sent to my Dad in New England, and he ships them to me directly, and I save money. Actually, eBay is becoming a pretty decent solution to ship over here.

Old 04-19-2017, 11:47 AM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Looks like Energy Suspension makes universal ones, you might be able find specifics. I did just a simple google search for shock bushings.

Old 04-20-2017, 10:39 AM
bakerman
Professional

Originally Posted by HemiLonestar
Looks like Energy Suspension makes universal ones, you might be able find specifics. I did just a simple google search for shock bushings.
Hey, thanks man! Appreciate it. I'll check it out!