3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Dorman 03211 Exhaust Manifold Hardware Kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2017, 08:23 AM
KJINTF
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dorman 03211 Exhaust Manifold Hardware Kit

Has anyone used these to replace the broken exhaust Manifold bolts so common on our trucks?

I see the stock bolts had large washers and these do not have washers and are a bit shorter. Asked Dorman if washers are needed with no response.

Anyone here have an opinion?
Should I use washers with these bolts?

Old 07-21-2017, 11:00 PM
aliaj00@gmail.com
Amateur

i just used Dorman Products 03211 http://www.jegs.com/i/Dorman-Product...03211/10002/-1
on 2004 ram 15005.7 Hemi they fitted well just remember where to put what as the length are not the same. it was one of the issues i had and i still have more but it paired with the jegs ceramic gaskets it was 19$ they were thick so it would seat even if its slightly bend. My engine got a lot quieter so i can hear the other noises and i am trying to fix them. important my heat shield was rusted out so check that out before committing you time. i am still waiting for my delivery from amazon and still not shipped. i am still using the crappy rusted i still have luckily i did not throw it away :P.
be sure to start from middle and to the sides and if i can remember it was 25Nm(18ft.lbs) for bolts on the exhaust and 15Nm (11ft.lbs) or the heat shield bolts get a torque wrench with short length mine was slightly longer, the space is not the easiest one but it can be done remove the plastic covers for the heat shield on my 2004 1500 5.7 hemi.

uh forgot use w40 and let it rest for 10~15 minutes it worked for me if you have one cutoff inside the engine like mine get a friend with TIG and start filling the bolt with it bit by bit till you can TIG weld a nut on it "DISCONNECT THE NEGATIVE FROM THE BATTERY" it will not stick on aluminum just go slow and aim middle only with the thin wire. i do have some photos but i need to find them

regards,
TIM

Old 07-22-2017, 08:38 AM
KJINTF

Did you use washers with the new bolts?

Yes my heat shields were rusted out as well - ordered them from Amazon and received them in a few days.

My back two bolts on both sides had broken off at the exhaust manifold (a Typical Ram problem) and they came out easily so no need for welding.

Old 07-22-2017, 10:21 AM
aliaj00@gmail.com
Amateur

no the bolts were identical. So i guess i was the unlucky one :P