3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New to me 2006 Ram 2500 Diesel 5.9

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 08:25 PM
gsxrider80
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Multiple issues... 2006 Ram Cummins

In need of some insight right now.

Dealership replaced main crank seal, rear trans seal, all 4 tires (one size bigger), water pump, passenger mirror and right upper and lower ball joints prior to purchase.

I changed the blend door today without removing the dash (old one was broken and glued and screwed shut so only recirc was working)

Here's the list of other things wrong that the dealership wouldn't replace without charging me:

-driver side seat lower portion won't raise from the back (motor makes noise but no motion)... can I replace just the motor?
-mirror heater light is blinking (suspect blender doors behind dash)
-with air selected to feet it blows out the defroster too (probably tied into the mirror heater issue)
-intermittent wipers work when they want (will disassemble wiper motor when I have time)
-passenger heated seat button either blinks the lower or upper LED on occasion
-tach is jumpy and inaccurate (I'll check thread)
-cracked top dash too... HELP!!!... I need to find a new one... will be doing speaker upgrade and want to replace top dash

every time I google something wrong I get sent to this site so I figured it was time to join. I'm an above average DIYer unless I need a diagnostic check or something.

Last edited by gsxrider80; 10-01-2017 at 07:29 PM.