3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2003 dodge ram 4.7 stick shift 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2017, 08:16 PM
Ibrahim Ozturk
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 dodge ram 4.7 stick shift 4x4

Hi guys I have 185k miles I run full synthetic 0w40 since I got it with Lucas add every 4k miles. My truck has problem when I start the truck it was working like it was about to stall pass 6 months but when I rev the engine to 3k rpm it works great. It stalls on the highway time time time since it' stick it' easy to restart it. If I don' rev it to 3k rpm truck hassitates to drive. But if you rev it to 3k works great and never does it again. Pass couple days I am getting p300 on the code reader. Truck is tuned to 93 octane and I only use 93 octane. Today while it was driving it works good for sec then hesitates again.then drives perfectly fine then it wants to stall. While I was driving today it stall when I start it back up I hear sometji g pooping then I start hearing the cylinder I was close to home so drive it thinking one of the cylinder is gone. I open the hood and see the sparkplug melt into coil and thread on the cylinder is clean cut. It' passenger side first spark plug in the front. I order the cam shaft position sensor couple days ago. Didn' come in yet. Also mass airflow sensor and throttle position sensor. Before they came this happen. Crankshaft position sensor is new. Im Gonna re thread the head on the spot with heilcoil. But what is causing p300 is making me wonder coil packs are new spark plugs are new like 1000 miles.Ngk vpower plugs.

Attached Thumbnails 2003 dodge ram 4.7 stick shift 4x4-screenshot_20171012-201527.jpg   2003 dodge ram 4.7 stick shift 4x4-screenshot_20171012-201535.jpg  
Old 10-14-2017, 02:26 AM
Ibrahim Ozturk
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I fix the problem. Heilcoil thread the sprk plkug in change the number 2 and 6 cylinder coilpack new o2 sensor upstream and cam shaft position sensor fix my problem truck runs great thanks for all the help forum members this place helps alot just like everything else in life you gotta do it yourself