3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Loss of Heat I am stumped

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2018 | 09:27 AM
DDay77
Amateur

Dodge has this issue with blend doors not operating properly. Do you have a rear heat vent? If so, you have 6 doors. If not, you have 5. When I changed my doors, I found that one door had the actuator pop out of the box, but it kept turning, therefore it made the long pin wrap around the actuator. Not uncommon. That one affected my floor heat. I replaced all doors with aluminum doors and aluminum door drives. I also took of the wiring harness and cleaned it, placed heat shrink around connection points, and rewrapped the harness with high grade black tape. The original tape had unraveled and was not in contact with the wiring. The heat works the best it ever has since buying the truck new. It was definitely worth the time, effort and money I spent. If I had that done at the dealer, I was looking at $3500.00. Total cost for me was about $500.00.

Old 08-27-2018 | 11:36 PM
Kevno6
|
Veteran

I have finally got into looking at my heat problem behind the dash. I have tried different hvac controls but can't seem to find one that works on my truck. I have a guy that rents property from us that has 5 3rd gen Dodge Rams that I have tried even had a control that was same part # and revision number and all i got out of all of them was heated mirror light blinking.and nothing else. Not sure whats up with that. I took off 2 actuators that I could get to and doors appear to be in tacked but I am going to put on new actuators. As far as the lower actuator that is behind metal part of dash I might cut a piece of it to get to actuator. Recirc door also has no play in it and opens and close properly. I am just short of taking out dashboard and replacing entire HVAC box. I won't even be sure if I have fixed anything until winter because its so freaking hot outside any air coming out will be hot. Thanx for reading.

Old 08-30-2018 | 09:47 PM
Kevno6
|
Veteran

Cut the metal plate covering 3rd actuator and door is not broken. Starting to really think its HVAC controls will have to figure out what to do as far as that goes. Just hard to believe air condition works fine but heat does not.

Old 09-19-2018 | 09:45 PM
Kevno6
|
Veteran

Well Yesterday I was able to find an HVAC control to work in my truck and to my disbelief the heat works the way it used to. I just can't believe that's what it was after checking everything else. Thanks for any advice that was given.

Quick Reply: Loss of Heat I am stumped