3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

4 low engaging on its own!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2018, 10:27 PM
Chris Stites
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 4 low engaging on its own!!!

I have an 07 ram 1500. The truck has sat due to being broke down. I got it fixed and i drove it and noticed the 4 low light blinking and i could feel it trying to engage while driving down the road. I pulled over and messed with the gear selector and it went away. I started driving again and the light came back on. This time with the service 4x4 light. This time it engaged 4 low while driving luckily it didnt ruin the t-case. What could be causing this and what would be the solution.

Old 01-09-2018, 01:53 PM
66three83
Captain
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Transfer case actuator. Mine did the exact same thing. It would change gears with the key out of the ignition!! Regularly would shift into 4Hi while rolling. Do yourself a favor, and unplug it right now before it does some real damage. I bought mine used for 80 bucks because I had heard that they rarely go bad. New will be a couple hundred. 15 minute job. You will see it sticking out of the side of the T-case.

Quick Reply: 4 low engaging on its own!!!