3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

power windows

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2018, 08:29 PM
f2jerry
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power windows

i have a 2004 SLT 2500 i am having trouble with my rear passenger window ( drivers side) well it quit working and i figured it was the regulator,so i replaced it and that did not correct it. What it does now is only go down with the rear control, will not go up, and from the drivers seat it will do neither up or down.

Old 03-20-2018, 01:37 AM
FaceDeAce
Veteran
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Hi, a while ago I had problems with rear door lock and window not working on drivers rear door. I had traced the problem to be the wires as they pass through the rubber tube at the door hinge. Over time and use, the bending and unbending of the wires causes them to eventually harden and break at that location. Similar to bending a paper clip back and forth until eventually it snaps. I found the door wiring to have done that. Really stiff wires in that mid hinge section and 4 of them had snapped.

The fix was I had some really soft wire here from other projects. I cut out the stiffened hardened section of wires and spliced in new soft wiring for each of all of the wires in the bundle. Problem solved. That was 4 years ago. Still working fine. I have a picture somewhere. ...... I suppose a new harness could be acquired and routed. I was comfortable with my skills at soldering and heat shrink tubing to splice each wire. Took a couple hours start to finish.

Perhaps look into that possible cause on your truck.

Old 03-21-2018, 03:20 PM
f2jerry
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Windows

thank you for your reply, yes that is exactly what the problem was, wires broken in the harness between the front and rear passenger door, really appreciate your time to answer my post, and definitely was the problem and looking forward to 4 years plus of the problem solved,lol, thank you

Old 03-22-2018, 10:51 AM
FaceDeAce
Veteran
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by f2jerry
thank you for your reply, yes that is exactly what the problem was, wires broken in the harness between the front and rear passenger door, really appreciate your time to answer my post, and definitely was the problem and looking forward to 4 years plus of the problem solved,lol, thank you

Happy to help!

Quick Reply: power windows