3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Run 0 Gauge through quad cab

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2018, 05:03 PM
Cummins5.9
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Run 0 Gauge through quad cab

2005 Dodge Ram 2500 quad cab, I have a Fox Acoustics dual 12" box installed housing two Alpine Type R 12D4's each powered by its own Kenwood KAC 9106D. Anyone have any experience running 0 gauge wire through one of these pick ups? Deciding whether to go underneath the cab and have to drill a hole, which I'd really want to avoid, or if I can run it along the transmission tunnel under the carpet. Obviously would not want any noticeable lumps in the carpet, I could see this working except I don't know how to route it around the the rear storage area that the box sits in. Or should I try running two length or 4 gauge and if so how should I go about hooking that up to the battery and fusing it? Thanks for any input!

Attached Thumbnails Run 0 Gauge through quad cab-09_dodge_ram_quad_cab_sub_02.jpg   Run 0 Gauge through quad cab-dcc-212-v-2.jpg  
Old 03-05-2018, 05:29 PM
jrsick
All Star
Received 67 Likes on 65 Posts

Sounds like a fun project.
Several ways you can go.
One way is to run it inside of the vehicle frame on the driver's side. It will come out just under the engine bay. Be sure to cover all the outside wire with the split loom tubing cover. I ran my back-up camera inside the frame rail and it worked great. I used some fish wire from Harbor Freight.
Another way is to run it under door sills and out of the carpet at the driver's feet. Look just above and left of where the hood latch cable runs and you will see a round hole with a black plastic cover. You can drill right through the plastic and go to the battery.
If you want to do the two 4 gauge idea, just run them to a distribution block. Two 4awg in, one 0awg out and to battery.
Excellent ground points: metal frame on front center console (lots of screws already there also), and the metal frames under both front seats.

Old 03-05-2018, 05:41 PM
Cummins5.9
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I actually do have "half" of this system installed already. One type r and one Kenwood amp installed with 4 gauge ran through the clutch plate in the firewall and ran through the driver door sills. 4 gauge was a tight squeeze through that space even. So even the double 4 gauge idea would need to be ran under the carpet but would be easier to hide any lumps. Just wondering if its possible to run the 0 gauge under the carpet and out to the side at the back of the rear driver door to go behind the seats without any lumps. Id prefer under the carpet any way possible rather than under the cab to avoid drilling holes in the floor.

Quick Reply: Run 0 Gauge through quad cab