3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Need help steering wander.

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2018, 04:33 PM
Dngconstruction
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help steering wander.

Ok so i am having a problem, i have a 2003 dodge ram 1500 5.7 2wd 3"rough country suspension lift everything in front end is new as well as the rack and pinion and just got new tires and rims 285/70r17 road venture at. So i picked up my truck yesterday and my truck still has road wander really bad. Its really sensitive i can turn the wheel a 1/4" and im in the next lane very hard to stay centered had the alignment checked and it was good. I cant go over 35-40mph or i start to look like a dui. Looked for a stabilizer bar and they dont mske one for my truck. Anything i can do to have it not be so sensitive or upgrades i might need idk i drive my kids in the truck and i wont now because its like insta anxiety. Thank you in advance for all the help...

Old 03-10-2018, 10:44 PM
FaceDeAce
Veteran
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

This would be an alignment issue. Toe out and/or negative caster most likely.
Suggestion is to bring it to an alignment shop that is familiar with working on trucks that have lifts installed. The lift changes the geometry substantially so the acceptable "stock" allowances for toe, camber, and caster may not applicable. The alignment needs to be set for the modified lifted suspension.

PS: if you have very recently had an alignment service done, bring the truck back to them, tell them it is not right, the truck is unsafe, and to fix it. You've already paid for the service so there should be no charge for checking and redoing their own work that they did incorrectly. If that is not the case, then find a good reputable shop that aligns a lot of trucks. Don't let the car guy work on your truck.

Last edited by FaceDeAce; 03-10-2018 at 11:51 PM.

Quick Reply: Need help steering wander.