3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2003 1500 QC Larame 4x4 bumpsteer issues following lift

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2018, 06:20 PM
Prismatic
All Star
Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts
Default 2003 1500 QC Larame 4x4 bumpsteer issues following lift

Hello!

I've recently lifted my truck with the Rough Country 381.20 kit, which is a 5 inch suspension lift. Truck is aligned and driving well but I'm trying to fight some nasty bumpsteer I'm having.

A large enough bump will steal the wheel away, and can cause a shimmy as I try and correct. Also a dip in the road can cause what I'm assuming is a toe out condition as the full front suspension compresses, creating a nasty screech on the road as the tires skid. The angle of my tie rods would support this theory.

It drives true, tracks well, and returns to center just fine. Here's some pics of the truck, and the front suspension on both the drivers and passengers side. The angle of the tie rods suggests under compression the tires will be pushed outward, creating a toe out condition. How do I fix this? Relocate the rack, or order adjustable heim tie rod ends? Do you think that's even the issue?

2003 Quad Cab 5.7 Hemi, 4x4 Larame package. 20" factory wheels with LT305/55R20 Falken Wildpeak A/T3W tires (though the issue isn't specific to these tires, I just got these put on yesterday, the issue is preexisting)​​​​​​​

Stance
Passenger side suspension
Drivers side suspension
Where the alignment shop has it set at

Quick Reply: 2003 1500 QC Larame 4x4 bumpsteer issues following lift