3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

04 Hemi cranks but doesnt run

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2018, 11:18 PM
Silas83
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 Hemi cranks but doesnt run

I have a 2004 Ram 1500 2WD with the Hemi and 260k miles under her. Tbh, Im a decent quick help mechanic on your basic needs but this is over my head. At the moment I am working out of town and do not have access to much tools.

Anyhow I drive this truck every day with no problems other just wanting a new one. I parked it with it running great but I went out this morning and it cranked but immediatel died. I can hear the fuel pump priming, all electrical works, and everything else seems to be fine. I tried to give it gas and hoped that would help but it reved up once and then died again.
The engine light is on so I tried to turn the key 3 times so it would send me the codes and nothing there either.
I dont know where to start and like everyone else I dont want to throw parts at it.
Anyhow help would be greatly appriciated!

Old 03-16-2018, 08:37 AM
jrsick
All Star
Received 67 Likes on 65 Posts

Same symptoms as when my crankshaft position sensor failed. It's a simple replacement.

Quick Reply: 04 Hemi cranks but doesnt run