3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2002 Dodge Ram 1500 With Infinity Sound

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2018, 01:10 PM
Raejay
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 With Infinity Sound

Ok So I bought a 2002 Dodge ram 1500 4x4 with the Infinity Sound System .Someone has apparently replaced the two door speakers with a PowerBass Brand 6x9s . The System Sounds Like a combination of distortion /and or sound of a blown speaker. Neither of rear door speakers work but have original infinity speakers there still. Checked wires by plugging in new fosgate replacements speakers and still no sound from rear doors. Also took a New speaker and Hooked to front passenger door and still sound didn't change Sounds like Distortion /interference or something, I also replaced the stereo head with another original one to see if it changed which it did not the interior dash wiring has not been tampered with still wrapped tight factory. Im confused on what happened or how to fix.

Old 03-17-2018, 03:21 PM
jrsick
All Star
Received 67 Likes on 65 Posts

Did the stereo system ever work correctly, or has it always had a problem? Do you have an aftermarket head unit?
The previous owner could have installed an aftermarket head unit, then took it out prior to selling the truck.
For troubleshooting steps, check your equalizer controls and ensure you have equal sound levels to all speakers (fade and balance at zero).
If all speakers are getting a signal, then I think you will need to take out the head unit and have a look.
It sounds like your antenna may not be plugged in, or, speakers may not be wired correctly.
Look up video on how to check speaker function and polarity with a battery.
I do not have the Infinity system, but most amps have a light that glows when they are powered on. If your amp is bad, you will not get a signal to your speakers. Bad amp could also result in distortion.
Just a few things to check.

Quick Reply: 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 With Infinity Sound