3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

06 4.7 Power/Shifting Problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2018, 09:20 AM
dblum122
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 4.7 Power/Shifting Problems

2006 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT 4X4 4.7 145,000. Auto.

Here's a rundown, the truck randomly dies waiting on a stoplight or stationary without putting it in park. Not everytime just occasionally. Truck seems to have no top end power and I have to smash it to the floor to go up a hill (4.7 yeah, I know but seems like there should be more.) Occasional jerk between 40-55mph, and has a difficult time figuring out when the truck needs to shift, I have to pretty much put it to the floor before it'll shift down to pass someone. Also, Oil pressure sensor is bad i'm guessing. Start up the truck and it is perfect then all of a sudden drops to 0 and "check gauges" comes on. Oil pressure comes back after a hard acceleration or while turning but then drops again. Oil quantity is good, not low or high and no knock coming from engine. I have sensor, just haven't replaced as I need to take off oil filter and waiting another 1,000 to do an oil change.

There is no CEL. I've changed all plugs, O2 sensor before CAT and in air intake, knock sensor, cam sensor, TPS, cleaned throttle body. I don't know what else it could be besides a blown plenum gasket, bad CAT or vacuum leak. There is no rattling sound for a bad CAT, but who knows. I've tried to get my head in there and pinpoint where a bad VAC line would be but haven't found anything yet. (trying to steer away from using carb cleaner to really see a change but might have to go that route)

Any help would be appreciated.

Quick Reply: 06 4.7 Power/Shifting Problems