3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Removing Front Half Axle on a 2008 Dodge Ram

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2018, 08:19 PM
Bramabull
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing Front Half Axle on a 2008 Dodge Ram

Hello Everyone:
I am replacing the half shaft front axle on a 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 with 4x4. I have taken off all the front end components but am having trouble getting the half shaft off on the passenger side of the vehicle. The half shaft on the driver's side was simply pried out with a pry bar. The passenger side is different in that it looks like it has a seal that is bolted on to the side of the differential. How do i remove the axle? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Old 08-10-2018, 03:37 AM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 306 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by Bramabull
Hello Everyone:
I am replacing the half shaft front axle on a 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 with 4x4. I have taken off all the front end components but am having trouble getting the half shaft off on the passenger side of the vehicle. The half shaft on the driver's side was simply pried out with a pry bar. The passenger side is different in that it looks like it has a seal that is bolted on to the side of the differential. How do i remove the axle? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
Same as the driver's side just pry it off, but good luck. I couldn't get mine off the axle side so I not have a 4x4 truck that is 2x4

Quick Reply: Removing Front Half Axle on a 2008 Dodge Ram