3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

O2 sensor issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2018, 10:01 PM
Oh Too Issues
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O2 sensor issue

07 3500 6.7
So a while back the check engine light comes on. The code said it had an exhaust pressure sensor out of range. It was plugged tight. I had to drill out the carbon. So life was good for about 30 miles and the light comes on again
It was telling 02 sensor bank 2 Sensor 1 out of range. I cleared the code and about 5 miles later it told me both O2 sensors were bad. I cleared it again (I know) and it went back to just sensor 1 was bad. P2A00 and P2A01

I changed the O2 sensor. On the first trip, it reported exhaust filter was 90% full and went through the regeneration cycle. So after the regeneration cycle completed, I drove for about 5 more miles and the check engine light came on again. I polled the codes and it said both 02 sensors were out of range. One 02 sensor has maybe 10 to 15 miles on it. I cleared the code and immediately got sensor 1 out of range.

I replaced the already replaced sensor 1 with an OEM sensor. It lasted about 100 miles before the error code popped up again. Cleared the code twice and it came back immediately. Replaced with another OEM O2 sensor and got almost 200 miles before the error code came back.

Someone suggested wiring. But I don't think wiring would get better for a couple hundred miles when I change a sensor unless it has a resistive break.

I did notice that even the new sensors were covered in carbon when I removed them.

Quick Reply: O2 sensor issue