3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2008 Ram Transfer Case

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2019, 09:47 PM
Joey Barton
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Ram Transfer Case

I have had the transfer case replaced 5 times in the last few months. Sometimes it will work for a couple of weeks but other times it will not work as soon as they put it in. It will engage the 4 wheel drive sometimes but most of the time it will not. The dealer keeps saying they are getting bad parts from the supplier. There is also some significant discoloration like it has been getting hot on the front axle between the differential and the right wheel. THe dealer thinks it is unrelated or as a result of my transfer case problem but I wonder if it is not the cause of the transfer case not working. they also tell me there have been other trucks this model that have required multiple transfer cases as well. I am at a loss where to go next. any advice would be appreciated. I do have a lifetime powertrain warranty so these are covered but I need a 4 wheel drive truck and do not have one.

Old 01-18-2019, 10:37 AM
3rdgens4sell
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why not have the shop rebuild a transfer case? They arent complex.

Quick Reply: 2008 Ram Transfer Case