3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Track bar bending

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2019, 07:55 PM
59perrysmooth
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Track bar bending

I have a 8 inch lift on my 05 2500 37inch tires and my adjustable track bar broke the other night on the bottom thread.. been on the truck for a year or two. Just had a shop replace the ball and u joints and about 2 months later it broke. Bought another track bar off eBay and this one came with a Heim joint for the top.. but it all back on turn the wheels all the way to the right and everything seemed ok turned them back the the left and just about all the way around the track bar bent on the bottom about where the other one broke. I need some info on why this might be thanks

Old 03-14-2019, 12:37 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 306 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by 59perrysmooth

I have a 8 inch lift on my 05 2500 37inch tires and my adjustable track bar broke the other night on the bottom thread.. been on the truck for a year or two. Just had a shop replace the ball and u joints and about 2 months later it broke. Bought another track bar off eBay and this one came with a Heim joint for the top.. but it all back on turn the wheels all the way to the right and everything seemed ok turned them back the the left and just about all the way around the track bar bent on the bottom about where the other one broke. I need some info on why this might be thanks
Weak steel.

Old 03-14-2019, 04:27 PM
Chazwel
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like it is hitting something, have someone watch it as you turn the wheel and see if it hits something.

Quick Reply: Track bar bending