3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Death Wobble 2006 4x4 3500 Ram

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2019, 10:44 PM
Ronald Fulwider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Death Wobble 2006 4x4 3500 Ram

Took my truck to Selling Dodge dealer as steering was getting sloppy. They changed out front wheel bearings and installed supposedly upgrade T steering. Left dealership entered freeway and truck immediately went into wild death wobble, first time ever. Took back to dealership, they kept truck a week and said it was tires. Bought new set of Toyo tires, seemed to work ok for short time then truck did death wobble at 45 mph. Took to non franchised shop. He replaced passenger ball joints and pitman rod end as it was blown out. Shortly after it death wobbled. Took to another shop, said I should have done both sides, replaced drivers ball joints. Immediately death wobbled. Started doing things myself, saw play in steering box bushing, put on steering brace, death wobble, put red head steering box, death wobble, installed Moog bushings in track bar, death wobble, installed Moog T steering kit, took dodges system off, thought I had it, nope death wobble. Oh and put on Bilstein shocks and several new stabilizers. Pulled drivers lower control arm and checked other control arms don't see any issues, and inspected for a cracked frame. Wheel bearings are tight, but problem started when they got replaced. Any ideas, was looking at new truck but the prices are up a lot in 13 years, sort of would like to put lipstick on the pig I have. Oh and also had some custom wheel balance done at Les Schwab

Last edited by Ronald Fulwider; 03-28-2019 at 10:48 PM. Reason: add additional info
Old 03-30-2019, 12:21 AM
66three83
Captain
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

sounds like you’ve replaced everything that could have caused the wobble. I was in the same situation, took years before it was finally solved. Have you gotten an alignment?

Old 03-30-2019, 10:49 AM
Ronald Fulwider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Death Wobble

Truck is at new shop now getting front end alignment and a dual front end stabilizer, will report back on how that works out.

Quick Reply: Death Wobble 2006 4x4 3500 Ram