3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Sporatic running rich and idle drops to 500rpms occasionally

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2019, 01:12 PM
SRandall64
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sporatic running rich and idle drops to 500rpms occasionally

Hello everybody,
I recently bought an 08 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 hemi. I have no engine codes or lights on, but occasionally when i come to a stop, the rpms drop down to 500 and its actually stalled once and took a minute to get it restarted like it was flooded. Im new to dodge, i automatically assumed a tps sensor, but it looks like dodge doesnt have one. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance..
Goose

Old 03-31-2019, 03:20 PM
72rtchallenger
Professional
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by SRandall64
Hello everybody,
I recently bought an 08 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 hemi. I have no engine codes or lights on, but occasionally when i come to a stop, the rpms drop down to 500 and its actually stalled once and took a minute to get it restarted like it was flooded. Im new to dodge, i automatically assumed a tps sensor, but it looks like dodge doesnt have one. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance..
Goose
I believe the tps is built in to throttle body, I would suggest trying to clean throttle body but research proper way to do that as I have never cleaned mine as it was replaced just before I bought truck

Quick Reply: Sporatic running rich and idle drops to 500rpms occasionally