3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

replacement tail lights

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2019, 06:42 AM
fj5gtx
Record Breaker
Received 102 Likes on 95 Posts
Default replacement tail lights

The originals were banged up and leaking water, so I ordered a set from AM-Autoparts when they sent me 5% off in email. They arrived yesterday. The brand was Eagle Eyes, which was disappointing since I had used that brand head light on my 2nd gen and the fit quality wasn't great. But I proceeded to install anyway. The color looked good, they came with light bulbs, and the outside fit was decent. However the curve on the Right side where it meets the tailgate isn't correct and therefore doesnt fit as snug against the truck as it should. They were $50, and since the ones I pulled had a couple cups of water in them and are missing parts of the reflectors, I'll likely just use these until I find a nice set of originals. But cannot recommend this brand since they tend to miss the mark on duplicating the correct fit. I don't think there is much selection out there that are correct lamp housing wise, other than factory original.

Turns out the originals had another hole drilled in the side for some sort of emergency light (it was a AZ fish and game truck) and that was covered with duct tape...

Old 05-16-2019, 03:47 PM
Alex Medeiros
Captain
Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by fj5gtx
The originals were banged up and leaking water, so I ordered a set from AM-Autoparts when they sent me 5% off in email. They arrived yesterday. The brand was Eagle Eyes, which was disappointing since I had used that brand head light on my 2nd gen and the fit quality wasn't great. But I proceeded to install anyway. The color looked good, they came with light bulbs, and the outside fit was decent. However the curve on the Right side where it meets the tailgate isn't correct and therefore doesnt fit as snug against the truck as it should. They were $50, and since the ones I pulled had a couple cups of water in them and are missing parts of the reflectors, I'll likely just use these until I find a nice set of originals. But cannot recommend this brand since they tend to miss the mark on duplicating the correct fit. I don't think there is much selection out there that are correct lamp housing wise, other than factory original.

Turns out the originals had another hole drilled in the side for some sort of emergency light (it was a AZ fish and game truck) and that was covered with duct tape...

1A Auto generally has good replacement tail lights from what I know. I have headlights from AM-Autoparts and they've been great so far, so I'm a bit surprised you recieved that... but I ordered my tail lights on ebay through DNA Motoring. They are the "Altezza" style and I love them!

Quick Reply: replacement tail lights