3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Factory CD changer w/RB4 and sirius

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 09:59 AM
stevearino
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory CD changer w/RB4 and sirius

Does anyone have the RB4 HU with the factory CD Changer and Sirius? How is it hooked up?
I want to add a changer to my factory system, but I think the input on the back of the RB4 for the changer is being used by the Sirius.
This is for an 05 Ram QC with the Infinity system. Any help I would greatly appreciate!
Thank you!
Steve

Old 12-15-2005, 12:15 AM
OJ
Default RE: Factory CD changer w/RB4 and sirius

I know they make multiplex boxes to do this, but be careful what changer you buy, many don't work with the RB4.

(don't ask how I know, they hard way of course, I have a RB4)

Old 12-15-2005, 10:31 AM
stevearino
Default RE: Factory CD changer w/RB4 and sirius

Thank you! I'm going to use a new factory 6 disc changer. I've decided to let the dealer do it. They are charging about 60 bucks to install it, and with temps here not getting out of the 20's, I'm not really feelin the DIY bug. Too cold to be in the garage doing this stuff and I'm too impatient to wait a couple months for warmer weather. LOL

Quick Reply: Factory CD changer w/RB4 and sirius