3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Alarm,No crank,no start

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2019, 06:17 PM
Jacob Keplinger
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm,No crank,no start

2002 Dodge Ram 1500 4.7 L 4WD
Several weeks ago my starter started acting up and engaging while going down the road. Went to Walmart, came out would not start, try tapping it tried hitting it everything. Went to AutoZone got a new starter, fired right up, drove it home. Approximately no more than 10 miles.
Put it in park, cut it off, went to start it again ,nothing.
Battery was under warranty take it back to AutoZone got a new one .nothing.

. the next day it cranked for about 3 seconds and then shut off. That was over a month ago almost. Since then it has done the crank for 3 seconds and shut off several times but in the past week it is done nothing zero zilch battery is charged fully 13.5 volts.
Did a bench test on the starter and could not get it to engage so I swapped it for a another one a brand new one did a bench test on it before I installed it worked fine.
Installed nothing happened.
Did a continuity test on the starter wire found that there was no continuity.
Replace the wire with a brand new cable.
After taking out the old cable and doing the test there was continuity so what the hell.
Security flashing light blinks the lights come on I have to take out the # 51 fuse and put it back in to get them to go off.
I've tried the whole reprogramming Thing by 10 minutes and 30 seconds three times.
Other various ways of trying to get the key to be recognized.
Not really sure what the hell is going on other than I want this freaking alarm disabled.
I understand that I may be able to get a new PCM that does not have the eeprom chip program for an immobilizer.
I understand that there are ways of putting resistors Auntie the orange and green wire or purple and light blue.
I don't know if anybody has ran into this problem if so and you have a solution I would gladly accept pictures and suggestions I love my Dodge but this is one of the craziest insane applications I have ever seen. It may be set up to be theft deterrent but it is not customer friendly.

Old 03-30-2020, 03:25 PM
John Hoefen
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i got same problem with light flashing and no start.It started after Itook the truck in fo transmision problems.Dealer triedto see a electrical prorblem for profit.I think he somehow did this to keepmy car for the $2500.repair I didnt need.I had to tow the truck now but have been unable to get the truck out of antitheft .Hope you have done better.

Quick Reply: Alarm,No crank,no start