3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2003 Dodge Ram

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2019, 02:20 AM
Harold James Bechtle III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Dodge Ram

I am trying to figure out what all exactly is interchangeable between the early and late model 3rd gens. I know you can do the front clip. for interior wise I know you can do the seats. But does anyone know if you can swap the newer dash from 2006-2009 into 2003-2005?

Old 08-13-2019, 11:53 AM
Magnoom
Record Breaker
Received 231 Likes on 211 Posts

Yes, but if you don't do it as a set there may be gaps and/or probably won't look right (especially with the minivan steering wheel lol). The styles and colors changed in 06. Also, 06-08 dash is patterned around the CAN bus innards it has (vs the PCI bus your 03 has). They're not interchangeable. You would have to transfer all your harness/wiring to the new dash, plus find an aftermarket stereo to fit the hole since a CAN bus head unit won't work right plugged into your 03 (if the plug even fits). What is your goal? Just to do it, or trying to upgrade, etc?

Old 09-05-2019, 09:23 PM
Harold James Bechtle III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Magnoom
Yes, but if you don't do it as a set there may be gaps and/or probably won't look right (especially with the minivan steering wheel lol). The styles and colors changed in 06. Also, 06-08 dash is patterned around the CAN bus innards it has (vs the PCI bus your 03 has). They're not interchangeable. You would have to transfer all your harness/wiring to the new dash, plus find an aftermarket stereo to fit the hole since a CAN bus head unit won't work right plugged into your 03 (if the plug even fits). What is your goal? Just to do it, or trying to upgrade, etc?
Well I am wanting to replace some of the parts in my 03. I have been looking into putting seats from a newer model as most fit for the front seats and modifications to the rear allows newer bench seats. Personally I am a huge fan of my 03 and don't have any plans to get rid of it. However with keeping it I would like to spruce it up inside and out. I have been digging a lot about things, slowly getting somewhere. Also sorry for taking awhile to reply, don't have much time for the internet with the military. Off interior topic my truck has the nv4500 and I have been trying to find where to get parts to make it stronger and handle more power and torque before i go adding any sort of engine aftermarket parts.

Old 09-06-2019, 08:27 AM
fj5gtx
Record Breaker
Received 103 Likes on 95 Posts

you can buy replacement oem reproduction driver seat bottom foam and cover to restore what you had... you can also move to a leather covers for all the seats. check out ebay...

Quick Reply: 2003 Dodge Ram