3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

TPS Replacement Issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2019, 07:12 AM
K9SGT
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TPS Replacement Issues

07 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport 5.7 Hemi: I replaced my TPS after receiving a warning light code and stalling/random vehicle shut off while driving. Prior to that I replaced the cam shaft sensor (within a month). After I replaced the TPS and reset it (turning ignition over to run for 10 seconds W/OUT pressing on the gas, etc) Everything went away. Not but 5 miles after the light went away and driving everything went haywire again, shut off at 60mph and now has problems turning on and idling. I read the codes again and it's again throwing me a P0122 and P0522 code (TPS again and oil pressure sensor). Along with the TPS and cam sensor being new and replaced I also replaced the oil pressure sensor within 2-4 months. I'm at a stand still at this point and can't figure out what the problem is (also no as mechanically inclined as most in here). Any suggestions other than having the vehicle towed to a shop? thanks in advance!

Old 10-19-2019, 11:48 AM
CJ Davis

Where did you but the sensors? A lot of Chrysler vehicles have issues with aftermarket sensors. Even if they are purchased at a chain store and are labeled OEM. Most you have to choke up and get from the dealer. At least this is the case in most sensors I have purchased and read about.

Old 10-19-2019, 11:54 AM
K9SGT

I bought each of the sensors from autozone and the same for the throttle body I had replaced which I bought new and not rebuilt.

Originally Posted by CJ Davis
Where did you but the sensors? A lot of Chrysler vehicles have issues with aftermarket sensors. Even if they are purchased at a chain store and are labeled OEM. Most you have to choke up and get from the dealer. At least this is the case in most sensors I have purchased and read about.

Quick Reply: TPS Replacement Issues