3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

02 ram 1500 no radio, interior lights, or headlights

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2019, 04:12 PM
emmatty21
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 02 ram 1500 no radio, interior lights, or headlights

so ive got a ram 1500 4x4 4 door, I recently got a new aftermarket radio on wired in in to find out that my constant wire isn't working. my accessory and ground wires work but the radio doesn't even light up when the keys are turned over. ive also noticed that my over head lights and headlights wont turn on unless the keys are turned over. ive replaced all my 20a fuses under the hood but if theres another fuse box,then I cant find it lol. ive heard it could be the IOD fuse and somewhere I heard that it was fuse 51 so I replaced it and nothing worked. so an ideas on what it could be and/or how to fix it? thanks

Old 11-19-2019, 05:48 PM
AKCallahan
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by emmatty21
so ive got a ram 1500 4x4 4 door, I recently got a new aftermarket radio on wired in in to find out that my constant wire isn't working. my accessory and ground wires work but the radio doesn't even light up when the keys are turned over. ive also noticed that my over head lights and headlights wont turn on unless the keys are turned over. ive replaced all my 20a fuses under the hood but if theres another fuse box,then I cant find it lol. ive heard it could be the IOD fuse and somewhere I heard that it was fuse 51 so I replaced it and nothing worked. so an ideas on what it could be and/or how to fix it? thanks
When things like this happen after the install of a new piece of equipment, it's best to remove the new piece of whatever, and see if the problem still exists.

Old 11-19-2019, 06:07 PM
emmatty21

Originally Posted by AKCallahan
When things like this happen after the install of a new piece of equipment, it's best to remove the new piece of whatever, and see if the problem still exists.
Well i took the new radio out and put the old one back in and it still wouldnt light up or anything.

Old 11-20-2019, 08:04 AM
TrueDogman
Captain
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Is the 02 the same as 03 with a fuse panel along the drivers side dash at the door ?

Old 11-20-2019, 03:39 PM
emmatty21

Ive looked on the driver side and passenger but it doesnt have a fuse panel

Quick Reply: 02 ram 1500 no radio, interior lights, or headlights