3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

07/06Power wagon cab swap problems (transmission)

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2019, 10:30 PM
zackdav
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07/06Power wagon cab swap problems (transmission)

alright so I'm going to start at the beginning. I pick up an 07/06 ram power wagon. old owner told me that the cab was swapped because of his ex wife used a sledge hammer to the truck. anyways. he told me the cab was swapped the truck is originally a 2007 dodge ram power wagon with a 5.7 hemi has all the diff locks and sway bar disconnects and everything. and now the cab is from a 2006 dodge ram 1500. I dont know for sure if the Pcm or tcm was swapped from the old truck cab. I bought the truck with a check engine light on I got an oxygen sensor code also along with a p0734 code (gear 4 incorrect wrong ratio) . I went under the truck to change the oxygen sensor a week later and found that the oxygen sensors were completely backwards upstream and downstream in the wrong spot. so I started swapping them to their original homes the only problem is that . oxygen sensor 1 upstream drivers side plug would not reach to where its supposed to go so I extended the wires. so now I erase codes and the o2 code never came back so now the next weekend I was going to tackle the p0734 code I came to think that the transmission plugs were not in the right spot because the o2 wire didnt reach they are all on the same harness and there was no way I could get the 02 wire to reach. so now I'm thinking that the plugs are wrong on the transmission side. would there be more issues then having the 4th gear in the wrong ratio if a plug is in the wrong spot?is it cause I have a 1500 ecu into a 2500?
is my valve body in my transmission gone?
did the 4th gear solenoid toast itself?
transmission fluid is not low and it is a nice red color
the truck kicks down and does a bunch of weird thing with shifting and sometimes it doesnt kick back down into first
some times it feels like it stays in 3rd or 2nd gear really sluggish. some times on the highway it wouldn't go back 4th gear so it would be revving really high I would pull over turn the key off start it again and trans would shift fine again
I have a manual switch to the 4low and 4high to lock the diffs with out actually pushing into 4low and 4high
if I flip the switch to 4low and the shifting pattern changes the check engine light will eventually go off just trying to give as much information as I can please let me know where the first thing I should start doing

Quick Reply: 07/06Power wagon cab swap problems (transmission)