3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Transmission cooler & temp sensor

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2020, 03:22 PM
Jonathan Ray
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission cooler & temp sensor

I have 2007 1500,w/ 5.7, looking to add a trans cooler and temp gauge + sensor. Looking for recommendations and location of the port for the sensor.

Thanks in advance.

Old 01-07-2020, 07:19 PM
primem
Record Breaker
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

for the trans fluid temp. there is temp senor in the transmission. why don't you get a device that plugs into the dlc and display it thru the device. a tuner should display it.
-you tow a lot? no doubt a trans cooler can extend the life of the fluid but if you don't tow why bother? if you do add one...run it after the cooler lines to the radiator

Old 01-07-2020, 10:27 PM
Magnoom
Record Breaker
Received 231 Likes on 211 Posts

Your truck has a trans cooler already, should look like this one (in front of the radiator)

Easily upgraded to the 3/4 ton or the 1 ton (below)

As for trans temp, anything decent that will plug into the OBD port will do that for you, I use this:

Last edited by Magnoom; 11-11-2020 at 12:22 AM.
Old 01-08-2020, 03:13 PM
Jonathan Ray
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Magnoom
Your truck has a trans cooler already, should look like this one (in front of the radiator)

Easily upgraded to the 3/4 ton or the 1 ton (below)

As for trans temp, anything decent that will plug into the OBD port will do that for you, I use this:
thanks, yeah I want to add an additional or bigger cooler. What is brand of that gauge?

Old 01-08-2020, 11:47 PM
Magnoom
Record Breaker
Received 231 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonathan Ray
thanks, yeah I want to add an additional or bigger cooler. What is brand of that gauge?
Like I said (guess you missed that part), the factory 1 ton(3500) cooler is an easy bolt in upgrade. In fact depending on where you live it can cause the trans to run too cool. Gauge is an Aeroforce Interceptor. I use it to mainly monitor engine and trans temps, as a digital speedo and exact voltage. Can monitor any PID available through the OBD port, can also read DTC's and has performance timers built into it.

Quick Reply: Transmission cooler & temp sensor