3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

A/C heater controls not working!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2020, 02:22 PM
Aaronshore30
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C heater controls not working!

3rd gen 3500, replaced blend air door. Now when you turn switch to blow out main vents it goes to floor, when you go to defrost it goes to main vents and if you keep moving the switch it goes to defrost. Not sure if I need to take it in to have it factory reset or if the control panel is the problem!

Old 02-04-2020, 08:20 PM
72rtchallenger
Professional
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Aaronshore30
3rd gen 3500, replaced blend air door. Now when you turn switch to blow out main vents it goes to floor, when you go to defrost it goes to main vents and if you keep moving the switch it goes to defrost. Not sure if I need to take it in to have it factory reset or if the control panel is the problem!
Unsure but there are 5 blend doors on my 04 4wd ram 1500 , I had to pull dash and change all of them , no trouble since but yours may have some differences , you might check and make sure the actuator is hooked up properly but there is more than one blend door and actuators , or fittings on the actuator could be bad striped busted ,,not saying its not another electronic control issue but the doors an actuators are notorious for breaking

Quick Reply: A/C heater controls not working!