3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2006 Dodge Ram reverse issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2020, 07:14 AM
N.CarolinaRam
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reverse Problems

This morning I put my truck in reverse it backed up about 10 feet and it felt like I hit something and my truck stopped moving. Engine was still on and if I pushed the gas pedal the truck would move but it felt like the brakes were pushed to the floor. Any ideas what could be wrong?

Hello everyone I've had my 2006 Ram 1500 for 12 years and besides the unpreventable wear and tear I haven't had any real problems with it. But it's getting older and I thought I could get some information on this site. I put my truck in reverse this morning and it backed up about 10 feet and it felt like I hit something. When I pushed the gas the truck would move but it felt like the brakes were pushed to the floor and wouldn't hardly move. I put the truck in drive and it works perfectly. I got to work and put it in reverse to see what would happen and it's like nothing was wrong it backed up just fine. Any ideas?

Last edited by jkeaton; 02-06-2020 at 07:55 AM.
Old 02-06-2020, 07:54 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

Does it move forward?

Old 02-06-2020, 11:47 AM
N.CarolinaRam
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes it does I put it in drive and it drove fine. I got to work and put it in reverse to park and reverse worked fine it was just that first time. But I think there has to be an underlying issue.

Old 02-06-2020, 02:17 PM
TrueDogman
Captain
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Is it possible you have a wheel bearing hub locking up? more so the front? My dodge once did this. No noise which was not understandable. After a 2 hr run on the freeway and upon coming to a stop the front wheel locked up....and now started making noise. Made it to my weekend destination and changed the front hub out at a racetrack!

Quick Reply: 2006 Dodge Ram reverse issue