3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

03 to 05 pcm swap help

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2020, 01:16 PM
Austin Andersen
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 to 05 pcm swap help

I have 03 ram hemi that has been sitting in storage for 5+ years while I was finished school. I put too many mods on it and it just wouldn't run. I had small town mechanic swap the wire harness out that I had made from hotwireauto. I thought I had sent him an 05 pcm to program as well but he is saying he never did anything to the PCM. Therefore when mechanic tried loading diablo or super chips it got locked out as vin was different. I recently took new battery to see if it would start up and find out what issue is but I noticed the PCM wasn't even installed. Chris at Hotwire said he quit using diablo because of their issue with locking up the PCM and recommended HP tuners. Chris wanted 100-250 to unlock new pcm (depending on security) and flash my new vin in. Im sure my super chips or diablo won't work after unless I send them in to get cleared (mechanic had to do this once already and second attempt it locked up again). I also noticed flagship one sells new pcms for around 240 with vin flashed. I was wondering what I should do? My goal is to get it back to being daily driver if I need it and care less now about getting max performance. I know I need the rear o2s deleted from tune as I don't have any in the 03. Also because it hasn't run in years what maitenence should I have done on it? Its currently in storage unit so Im guessing I would have to have it towed to performance shop and just want to know what I should tell them are necessary to get it running again.

https://imgur.com/gallery/Milu6IA

Quick Reply: 03 to 05 pcm swap help