3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

speedometer & tachometer

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2020, 07:49 PM
moonshot
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default speedometer & tachometer

It took for ever to charge batteries and jump start 2005 3500 diesel. When it finally started . I noticed the speedometer & tach where on the back side of the pin .How do i fix this problem and can i drive the truck this way.

Old 05-05-2020, 12:58 AM
Alex Medeiros
Captain
Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by moonshot
It took for ever to charge batteries and jump start 2005 3500 diesel. When it finally started . I noticed the speedometer & tach where on the back side of the pin .How do i fix this problem and can i drive the truck this way.
Try holding the trip button in front of the instrument cluster and turn the key to the on position/accessories mode (right before you actually start the truck) 3 times. On the third turn leave the key to the on position and let the truck do a test. I included a link to a video showing you how to do it. It may reset your needles back to their correct positions...

Old 05-05-2020, 04:52 AM
tryNto
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You combined both tests into 1 operation.

For the EMIC test, Just hold in the trip button in front of the instrument cluster and turn the key to the on position, this will start the sequence. (Chassis Codes)
The turn the key 3-time thing is for showing DTCs. turn key from off to on 3 times, leaving the key in on position the 3rd time. (Powertrain Codes)
Codes will show in the odometer area and will read DONE when finished.

OP: won't hurt anything driving like that.
The EMIC test may reset them.

Last edited by tryNto; 05-05-2020 at 05:03 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-05-2020, 01:43 PM
Alex Medeiros
Captain
Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by tryNto
You combined both tests into 1 operation.

For the EMIC test, Just hold in the trip button in front of the instrument cluster and turn the key to the on position, this will start the sequence. (Chassis Codes)
The turn the key 3-time thing is for showing DTCs. turn key from off to on 3 times, leaving the key in on position the 3rd time. (Powertrain Codes)
Codes will show in the odometer area and will read DONE when finished.

OP: won't hurt anything driving like that.
The EMIC test may reset them.
Ah shoot I guess I mixed it up. Thanks for the correction

Quick Reply: speedometer & tachometer